Welcome New Member!
You are about to embark on an exciting new career in the real estate profession. REALTORS® work under a supervising broker per license law BUT a REALTOR® is self-employed. This endeavor should be approached as one would approach any form of self-employment- with a business plan. It may be several months before any income is realizes and as with any business there are start- up costs.
Before you start you should consider whether or not self-employment is for you. Take the self-assessment.
Following is a checklist of steps after you have completed the assessment. Make sure you watch the welcome video from NAR in step 14.
1) Getting your license
2) Create your business plan
3) Interview brokers for the best fit for you
4) Make sure you have an Independent Contractor's Agreement
5) Join OKCMAR
6) Apply for MLS Access
7) Complete the new member code of ethics training online
8) Attend new member orientation- check the calendar
9) Complete MLS training video and test
10) Read and complete the Rookie Field Guide
11) Complete post-licensing requirements
12) Get educated -attend as many of the free OKCMAR courses as you can. Attend all OKCMAR event functions
13) Join a Committee
14) Watch the video in the Member Orientation Toolkit